Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Radisson Hotels’ highest priority is the health, safety & security of our guests, employees and business partners worldwide.
Updated: March 31, 2020
Our commitment to health, safety and security
In response to the recent development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow the latest advice and recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the local authorities in the countries we operate in. For up-to-date information and further details, please refer to the WHO and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Radisson Hotels has activated our corporate crisis response teams worldwide and has strong processes and support teams in place. All our hotels have been informed in detail on essential preparatory and prevention measures – ranging from hygiene measures including increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency to guidelines on how to handle suspected or confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) or lockdowns for quarantine purposes in cooperation with the local authorities.
We are continuously monitoring and following the changes in recommendations and guidelines of the local governments and the local health authorities in the countries we operate in, to continue working towards providing the best service possible while safeguarding the safety of our guests and associates, within the requirements issued by such local authorities.
Your destination hotel might be temporarily closed, or the availability of food service, pool, fitness center, and other amenities might be temporarily disrupted. Please refer to our website for the latest information.
Our cancellation policy
We are constantly updating our global cancellation policy to reflect the most recent developments related to Covid-19 and any official travel or meeting restrictions or suspensions and quarantine or lockdown measurements announced by governments worldwide. Our aim is to offer you as much flexibility and planning comfort as possible.
The current cancellation policy covers:
- For stays until 30th June 2020, we allow free modification or cancellation for all existing and new bookings in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide. Any modification to existing reservations is subject to availability and any rate differences
- If a deposit has been paid for an existing booking, we credit the full amount for you to redeem it with your next booking at the same property until 31st March 2021
- New reservations made between 1st April and 30th June 2020 for any future arrival date in all countries and all RHG hotels can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before the arrival date. This includes bookings at advanced purchase rates described as non-cancellable
- You are advised to contact our call centres for urgent reservations (travel within the next 72 hours) or to modify/ cancel your booking via our website or App or via the online form available on our website
- If you booked via online travel agents or third-party travel professionals, you must contact your booking provider for any adjustment to your booking
- For reservations after 30th June 2020, our normal cancellation policy applies
Leisure Groups, Business Groups and Meetings & Events:
- For arrivals/ meetings & events until 30th June 2020, we allow free cancellation for all existing and new bookings in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide if the meeting/ event cannot be rebooked to a later date.
Any modification to existing reservations is subject to availability and any rate differences
- If a deposit has been paid for an existing booking, we credit the full amount (less already incurrent costs) for the customers to redeem it with their next booking at the same property until 31st March 2021
- Groups who booked via third-party meeting organizers must contact their booking provider for any adjustment to their booking
- For arrivals/ meetings & events after 30th June 2020, our normal cancellation policy applies
Our commitment to our loyalty program members
As COVID-19 affects travel plans around the world, we believe our Radisson Rewards members deserve to use the points that they have acquired and should not be penalized due to circumstances out of their control. As a result, Radisson Hotels is suspending it's point expiration policy by 6 months, effective March 1, 2020. We have also extended the elite status of our members through February 2022, for those that would have expired February 2021. In addition, e-certs earned using the Radisson Reward Visa card, that are scheduled to expire between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be redeemed through June 30, 2021.