Carlson Rezidor donates over 340,000 € to international and local charities during its 2014 Responsible Business Action Month
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest hotel groups, marks its 11th Responsible Business Action Month in September. The group’s hotels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa organized more than 700 activities and raised more than 340,000 € for World Childhood Foundation and local charities.
World Childhood Foundation is an organization under the patronage of Queen Silvia of Sweden and focuses on aiding children at risk for abuse and exploitation.
“Responsible Business is an integral part of our business. We genuinely care and we act accordingly. We have raised more funds at this year’s Responsible Business Action Month than ever before, and I want to thank each and every one of our 40,000 Rezidorians who have contributed, reached out and made a difference”, said Wolfgang M. Neumann, President & CEO of Rezidor. “We want to operate sustainably and support the hundreds of local communities we work in”, continued Neumann.
This list of Carlson Rezidor’s innovative fundraising and volunteering actions included:
- 10,000 employees volunteering their time for projects in their local community such as homeless shelters, soup kitchens, orphanages, etc.
- “The Box Appeal” charity drive in the Middle East included 15 Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson hotels in six countries who distributed 20,000 boxes filled with necessities to labourers and people in need. This equals a donation in kind of about 400,000 €
- A great family day took place among three cities (Moscow, Sochi and St. Petersburg) with 17 hotels and 1,000 participants, who raised an impressive 35,000 € for a children’s charity in Russia
- Three Carlson Rezidor hotels in Amsterdam organized an 18-hole Street Golf event in the business park around the Schiphol Airport hotels. To top it off, golfers could try to land a golf ball in a convertible car parked 100 metres away. The event raised 15,000 € for Ronald McDonald Huis Vumc, a home close to the hospital for families of children struck with serious diseases
- On a group level, the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group published a beautiful photobook, called “SHE”, featuring images of strong African women. “SHE” is dedicated to World Childhood Foundation. The book was sold in the hotels and given as a gift to corporate clients and partners. “SHE” photos were made by Carlson Rezidor’s very own team member, Nicole Cambré, Vice President Legal of Rezidor
- In the spirit of keeping a healthy mind in a healthy body, over 700 employees ran or walked for charity. One particular activity that stands out is the Poland Business Run which was co-organized by the Radisson Blu Hotel, Krakow and took place in five cities. The event raised 180,000 € in total to purchase artificial limbs for disabled young people
- The Radisson Blu Media Harbour Hotel, Düsseldorf organized a gala event and art auction for the 25 year anniversary of Make A Wish foundation and raised 65,000 €
- The group also launched a social media campaign, called “Unselfish Selfies” to raise awareness and promote support for local communities and World Childhood Foundation: #unselfieradissonblu; #unselfieparkinn
For more on Responsible Business initiatives and strategies, visit www.responsiblebusiness.rezidor.com.
About Rezidor’s Responsible Business programme:
Rezidor’s ambitious and award-winning Responsible Business programme dates back to 1989. The programme’s three core areas ensure that we care for our guests, our people and our planet and act in an ethical way: Think Planet: minimising our environmental footprint; Think People: taking care of the health and safety of guests and employees; and Think Together: community action and business ethics.
Innovative offerings like Experience Meetings by Radisson Blu and Meetings Minus Carbon by Club Carlson for Meeting Planners allow our clients to have a responsible stay in all Rezidor hotels across Europe, the Middle East & Africa.
Rezidor has received numerous awards and accolades for being an innovative leader in sustainability practices, responsible business, and its safety and security programme. More than 70% of our hotels across EMEA are already eco-labelled, and we are committed to rising to 100% by end of 2015. Since 2010, the group has been named one of the Most Ethical Companies Worldwide (by Ethisphere Institute).
In 2014, the group’s CEO also announced the company’s focus on developing more women in leadership position, as part of its employee value proposition (Our Promise). The group aims to have 30% of its senior leadership position taken up by women, by end of 2015.
For further information please contact:
Renu Snehi, Senior Director PR, Marketing & Brand Communication, Renu.Snehi@Rezidor.com
Inge Huijbrechts, Vice President Responsible Business, Inge.Huijbrechts@Rezidor.com